A simple DotNetNuke module that utilizes SignalR to provide a simple chat interface on your DotNetNuke website.
This module is changing names to dnnCHAT! Source is now being maintained on GitHub at https://github.com/ChrisHammond/dnnCHAT stay tuned for an official release.
See the module in action at http://www.dnnCHAT.com
- Uses a KnockOut.js and SignalR to provide real time responsive chat interface for DotNetNuke
- Chat logging in DotNetNuke Database using DAL2 (logs connections and all messages)
- Ability for users to change their name in the chat window with /nick (limited to 25 characters)
- Shows the number of connected chat users on the page.
- Shows a list of connected users on the page
- Defaults anonymous users to Anonymous# based on their number in the user queue
- Uses Display Name if the a user is logged in to the DNN site
- Strips all HTML from posts.
- Shows when a user connects or disconnects
- Highlights messages that contain your name in them
- Shows a counter of new chat messages, and mentions, in the browser title bar when Page not in focus.
For installation instructions, requirements, and a needed setting for URLMaster visit the Documentation page. http://signalrchat.codeplex.com/documentation